Setting up your Email account in Gmail
by Louise Matthews
- Login to your Gmail account
- At the top right of your screen, click on the cog and select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Accounts tab
- Select ‘Add POP3 mail account you own’
- Fill in the screen as follows, with your own email address, password and domain name server:
- Then click Add Account
- Select ‘Yes, I want to be able to send mail as xxxx.’ If you wish to use Gmail to send emails, and click Next Step
- Enter the name you wish to be displayed on the emails you send, then click Next Step
- You will then be asked about sending mail through SMTP servers. Using Gmail’s servers is easier, select this, and click Next Step.
- You will be sent a verification email to your email address (not your Gmail account). Follow the instructions in this email, and the setup is complete. If you are unable to access this email, please contact email@example.com with the name of the email address and we will provide you access to the verification email, or login to your webmail account.
Back to the blog |