Setting up an email account provided by Twist
by Michelle Cottis
If you have your domain name and web hosting with Twist, you have the ability to setup mailboxes from your Control Panel.
Once setup, you'll want to access your email account, and you have a few options of how to do this:
- Go to your webmail login screen: http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/webmail (substituting your own domain name for yourdomain.co.uk) or launch Twist Webmail
- Enter your email address and password and you will be redirected to your mail account.
Mail program, such as Outlook Express (these instructions can also be used for other mail programs such as Thunderbird)
- Start Outlook Express and select the Tools menu. From here select 'Accounts'
- In the window that appears press the 'Add' button and then select 'Mail...'
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear to people who receive emails from you. Then click 'Next'.
- Enter the email address that you want to use and that you have setup in your Control Panel. Then click 'Next'.
- Select POP3 or IMAP. Click here if you're unsure which to use.
- Now you need to enter your incoming and outgoing servers. For the incoming server you should enter mail.yourdomain.co.uk substituting your own domain name for yourdomain.co.uk. For the outgoing mail server you should enter mail.yourdomain.co.uk as before.
- Tick 'Outgoing server requires authentication'. Then click 'Next'.
- To finish you need to enter your username (which is your full email address) and password for your mail account. You can view your username and password in your Control Panel. Once entered please click 'Next' and then 'Finish'.
- To allow you to send mail through our mail server you now need to make a small change to the properties of the account. Select 'Properties' from the 'Accounts' window.
- You need to click the tick-box that says 'My server requires authentication' or 'This server requires me to log on' and then click 'OK' and 'Close'
- You'll now be able to send and receive emails.
Phone / Tablet
- Add a new email account in your device settings. If given the option to select and account type such as Exchange, Google etc, select 'Other'
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear to people who receive emails from you.
- Enter the email address that you want to use and that you have setup in your Control Panel.
- Enter the password that you have setup or have been given for your account.
- Enter a description, e,g, 'Work Email'
- Incoming and outging mail servers should be set to mail.yourdomain.co.uk substituting your own domain name for yourdomain.co.uk
- If prompted for an account username, enter your full email address.
- To allow you to send mail through our mail server you now need to make a small change to the properties of the account. Find the Properties or Options for the email account. You need to select the box that says 'My server requires authentication' or 'This server requires me to log on'. If you are asked for a username and password, use the credentials above.
If you encounter any issues with setting up your email, please contact a member of the team on 01245 490666 who'll be happy to help.
Back to the blog |